Thursday, October 25, 2007

Touching The Third Rail

My post yesterday on the War On Drugs, its casualties and its existence as a third rail in American politics, an issue politicians can not Even discuss without being painted as horribly soft on crime and rendered instantly unelectable was quite an experience for me. 62 Diggs, 150 new unique visitors many of whom stuck around and read more than one of my essays. And then there were the really great comments.

In comments here and on Blog Catalog, I suggested to rockstories that it sounded as though she had written a very different post with the same title I'd used. And now she has. I urge you to go and read This Isn't My Post which I would have titled Touching The Third Rail.

1 comment:

Troy Camplin said...

YOu won't hear anyone talking about it precisely because none of them are against he war on drugs (Ron Paul excluded, of course). The response to the issue is emotional, not rational. We have to figure out how to tap into people's emotions on the dangers of the war on drugs if we're going to succeed.